Monday, December 14, 2015

Holiday Metal Sculpture

Q: What did you create? 

A: I created a Cat Metal Sculpture.

Q: Why did you decide to do this Sculpture?

A: My cat was my inspiration and my motivation. I was also tempted in trying new things and experimenting a difficult task.

Q: What did you do first?

A: I started sketching my ideas and this was my result. 

Q: How big is the sculpture?

A: It is not very large, it is 3 and a 1/2 inches long, about 1 and 1/3 inches wide(upper part), about 2 inches wide(middle part) and about 3 inches wide(lower part). 

Q: Why did you need to trace it? 

A: Tracing it will help me prevent from uneven proportions and arrangements. When I cut the cardboard, I get the idea how my sculpture would look like.

Q: What type of metal you used?

Website: https://www.stainlesssupply.com/order-metal-online/docs/g3c1067s57ss0p0/5052-H32-Aluminum-Plate.htm

A: I used aluminum for this sculpture and then I used the cutted cardboard and traced it again to the aluminum.

Q: What tools do you need?

A: I used tin snips to slowly cut the aluminum to get my desired look.

Q: What if the sculpture is too sharp??

Website: https://www.1-800-optisource.com/Half-Round-File-Rough.aspx
A: You scrape sharp edges with a filer.

Q: How did you pierce a hole.

Website: http://www.signs-derby.com/catalog/item/5402516/6845323.htm

A: I used a steel hole puncher.

 You are now done and now you can tie a ribbon or string and decorate how ever you want.


No comments:

Post a Comment